MESA is an academic support program in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) that provides FREE weekly tutoring to everyone and other benefits to the program members. MESA tutors provide free peer tutoring and learning assistance in most lower-division academic subjects within the School of Science & Technology. This tutoring service is available to all SSU students. Please join us virtually to study together through both drop-in or appointment options.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, MESA tutoring transitioned to virtual tutoring via Zoom. If you need help with the Zoom web & video conferencing app, please visit SSU (virtual) IT Help Desk or see the MESA Tutoring Zoom Set Up 101 guide.
Live updating Fall 2021 Schedule:
Or remember the short link, Bit.ly/MESATutorZoom.
We offer both tutoring drop-in sessions (no appointment needed) and one-on-one tutoring appointments. Please see the live updating schedule for the latest hours this week and announcements. When you begin a session for tutoring, you will use this survey link to sign in for MESA tutoring. Don't know what to expect for tutoring? Read the steps below.
How To Get Tutoring
- Check the schedule (regularly as it is live updating and may change throughout the semester) to see our course offerings and availability.
- For Drop-ins: Click the link in the drop-in column on the schedule at the designated time, and the link will automatically direct you to a zoom room where your tutor will be waiting for you and will direct you to the breakout room needed.
- For Appointments: Click the link in the appointment column on the schedule to be routed to the tutor's appointment page in Google calendar. Click the appointment slot you'd like to schedule, and you'll be sent a Google Calendar Invite that includes a Zoom Link to join. According to the cancelation policy listed in the "notes" section, please cancel or reschedule ahead of time.
- Sign in for tutoring: At the beginning of each tutoring session (drop-in & appointment), your tutor will ask you to please sign in before you begin the session.
Scheduling & Cancellation Policies
- When scheduling appointments in advance, students may only reserve one appointment per week.
- You must notify your tutor (email is preferable) if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
- If you must cancel or reschedule, please try to give 24 hours' notice.
- Feel free to review Tutoring Expectations before you arrive. Have a great session!
Don't know what to ask a tutor? Need to study STEM smarter? Check out one of our STEMbytes and get advice from a MESA member. A STEMbyte is a "byte" sized (15-minute introduction) to a new study tip or tool, concept, or experience applicable to STEM majors. Ask a tutor about their past STEMbyte or when the next one is. In the meantime, check out our Youtube Playlist to see previous STEMbytes!