How to Earn HONORS
The MESA honors program is for exceptional students who want to further their educational and professional development while earning distinction within the MESA program! The program is designed to engage and challenge students motivated and make the most of their educational experience. Honors are earned per academic year. There are five categories with qualifying activities: Educational Advancement, Academic Advising, Academic Support, Community/Leadership, and Professional Development. To earn honors, a student must complete two activities in each pillar by the end of the Academic Year for a total of 10 activities. With approval, other related activities will count within these categories.
The deadline to sign up is September 8, 2021.
Steps in signing up and tracking honors activities:
- Complete our online application
- Complete the HONORS Orientation module in Canvas.
- NOTE: You will need an access code to complete the MESA Honors Orientation quiz. Please email email@example.com for the code.
- Download the Activity Checklist to track your progress.
For each activity you complete:
- Upload a copy of your Activity Checklist to Canvas at the appropriate checkpoint.
- At the end of the school year, both the student and MESA Director review all document submissions. The honors distinction will be awarded at the end of each Academic Year.
- Important Note: To maintain your membership in MESA Honors, you must complete one activity from each pillar by the end of your first semester in the program.
- Enrolled in MESA program
- Be in good academic standing
The deadline to complete ALL activities for 2021 - 2022 is May 4, 2022.