Welcome to the Health Professions Advisory Program
The Sonoma State University Health Professions Advisory Program provides advice to current undergraduate and post-baccalaureate students preparing for careers in the following health professions: dentistry, medicine (allopathic, osteopathic, podiatric and chiropractic), optometry, pharmacy, physician assistant, clinical laboratory science and veterinary medicine. To achieve its mission, the program provides the following services to our pre-health professions students irrespective of their academic majors (HPAP itself is not a degree program; HPAP supplements your existing major):
- Academic advising, including assistance with major/minor exploration and selection of course work that meet health professional school admission requirements.
- General information on various careers in the health professions and guidance for health career selection.
- Guest lectures by members of the local health professions community and health professions school admission offices to give students an overview of various health careers and entrance procedures.
- Assistance with the health professions school application and preparation for health professions school interviews by the HPAC.
- Evaluation of candidates' credentials by the HPAC and preparation and disbursement of Committee Evaluation Letters.
For More Information: